The first day we met Kenutu, we looked down at her gauges and felt sad. They were worn, uncertain, and made her look weak. Mack found some gauges on Amazon for $150 and splurged. Then they sat in a box. For like 2 months.
Why didn't we do the gauges? Because we knew it was going to be a lot more involved than it seemed. Everything is a bit more than it seems. Not that it's particularly hard, but it all takes time. You think, oh, that'll take a couple of hours. Multiply that times six. That is how long it will take. If it gets done sooner, mojito the rest of the time.
Mack did the dirty work and I did the sit there, be supportive, and make labels work. Captain and First Mate. That is the difference.
Mack did something with this tool to tell what wires went where and did what and how much voltage they had. I nodded in agreement with whatever he said and sometimes read the numbers on the meter. I had a lot of responsibility.
Look at all that hard work. After we got the wires labeled and the old gauges taken out, we decided we needed to varnish the face plate. Mack had some spray varnish and one coat of that made it fresh and new. Behold, a brand new gauge panel. With lights. Because Mack is awesome.
Two people dumb enough to think anything is possible and smart enough to bumble their way into discoveries.