Kenutu looks good on the surface, maybe even perfect. But underneath, whoa, the girl needed some work.
A couple weeks ago, I finally got to it. I broke out the Bilgekote, the masks, the gloves, the paint rollers, and the mineral spirits. I got the scraper and the sander and the microfiber cloths. And I got down under and dirty.
I finished all the compartments in the bathroom this time and pulled up some floorboards and shoved my hands into some scary dark holes. The old paint came off in chunks. Everything got vacuumed up and wiped down. Then the paint got coated on with the magic product that gives you juuuuuust a little brain poisoning.
I also finished up the salon cabinets and storage. One cabinet over the oven had a wood divider in it that we used to the heat gun to pull out. It was good at keeping things secure, but it was hard to see where things were behind the wood screen and because it was so dark inside. We pulled it out and it's so much better now.
I also threw a couple coats on the storage behind the settee. I didn't store anything there yet, mostly because it's too dark to see whatever is in there. Now, though, Mack's electrician tools and all my puzzles have a great new home. And the cabinet that houses my mixing bowls and storage containers is, dare I say, beautiful. Maybe I'm just high from fumes.
Two people dumb enough to think anything is possible and smart enough to bumble their way into discoveries.